Find out more about Your French Corner and the person behind it.
My name is Maria and I am a sidekick to motivated and result-oriented French language learners. Sacrebleu! What does that mean? Let me tell you l’ami(e).
I am talking about French language learners who:
- want to stay motivated and make continuous progress in their language learning adventure;
- seek concrete and measurable results;
- are tired of learning random words, concepts and phrases here and there and not being to make much sense of it;
- are looking to master a concrete set of skills in a structure and practical way;
- are ready to put into practice what they have learned and improve their language skills;
- And last but not least, are looking for an accountability partner or as I call it a cheerleader (fyi: I will not wear the outfit and I am not that flexible) to lead them toward the accomplishment of their language learning goal.
I spend a lot of time creating resources, workbooks, programs and courses to help you learn French in an efficient, practical and fun way. But I only want to work with people who are committed to seeing concrete results, not afraid of challenges and willing to put in the effort.
My belief is that you are more than capable of succeeding. I am just here to give you a clear vision and an even clearer path to becoming fluent in French. And along the way, I want to make sure that you get a hands-on training as well as a knowledge that is there to stick.
…tutoring French one-on-one and for groups for over a decade now…
I have been offering one-on-one and group tutoring in French for over a decade now. Although I cherish the deep connection I get with my students (to be frank, they became more like friends); after studying web design and graphic design (and falling in love with it), I decided to move my work online to serve more people. You know, that feeling you get when you find your calling? That’s what happened to me. I found a way to combine my passion for design and productivity with my intent to help others.
My purpose is to help and cheer you on, to be that little voice inside your head that tells you not to give up (except that I am a lot louder and I do it online mostly).
If you want to know a little bit more about me, here it comes.
I studied political science and law in France, thinking that I would somehow help the world by becoming a politician (no kidding, haha right?!). I am currently based in Alberta, Canada (formerly Grenoble, France) with a crazy obsession for croissants, crème brulée and cheese (French cheese to be exact, but I don’t want to publicly discriminate). Oh… did I mention crème brulée ? Oui s’il vous plait!